Thursday, January 27, 2011

Star Wars Project

fts, My 4-year-old is currently obsessed with Star Wars, so when he had the option to choose a theme for his room decor, of course, it had to be STAR WARS (Note: the original Star Wars movies - he wants to be Luke Skywalker).

I searched for Star Wars stuff, and came across this lovely display from Pottery Barn: 


I covet it.
Oh, and this one too:


But of course, everything pictured above costs a BAZILLION dollars.

So I did my own, much cheaper, thing. I will admit I hate working with Mod Podge, but it created my desired "Pottery Barn-ish" effect. Some wall hangings:


 I used a some 12x12 Star Wars paper, a few $5.00 art canvases, black acrylic paint and the infamous Mod Podge. Total cost for all three (one is not pictured): about $20! I like that price! The instructions on this blog: "The Sassy Pepper" were wonderful (I'm still trying to figure out how a pepper can be "sassy").

4 comments: