Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Oscar Goes To . . .

I LOVE awards season. No, not because I have seen all, or ANY of the nominated movies, but because I love the Oscar fashion.  So without further ado, here is my best-dressed list for 2011:

1. Cate Blanchett - This was my favorite of the night. I have never seen anything like it.  Loved everything about it, plus Cate just has that classic, old Hollywood feel about her.


 2. Halle Berry - A very close second, could be a tie for first. I love the dreamy femininity of this dress. Basically everything about Halle is beautiful - hair, skin, make-up etc. Good one Hal.


3. Hailee Steinfeld - A surprise for me since she is just 14, but she is already showing that she has style. This seemed to be one of the favorite colors of the night, and rightfully so.

  4. Mandy Moore - Her Red Carpet dress blended into the crowd, but this blue number was stunning. Very princess-like and appropriate for the performance, and I kind of think she should have just worn this the whole night. 



  5. Michelle Williams - Some critics were underwhelmed by this dress, but I loved it. Also in the popular shade of the evening, it was simple, classic and lovely. And, lets face it, she's got some amazing hair.


Honorable Mention:  Sandra Bullock - She always looks pretty good these days, and Sandra in this delicious red dress was no exception. Side note: based on her introduction of the nominees for best actor, why was she not one of the hosts of the evening?


So that is my list for this year! There were others that I liked, but I would have changed a few things about them (fit, neckline, color, etc.)

Vote for your favorite, and/or tell me what dress you liked the best in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I only watch to see who wins and what they are wearing too! Love it :) I agree....Sandra should have hosted! She is so funny!!! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SO surprised about your #1 pick! Mainly because when I saw it I said, "Goo!" The waist down is beautiful, but that top is just a little too weird for me. To each her own, I guess. I also was a big fan of the nude colored dresses last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like Cate Blanchet's dress as well. But no Natalie Portman? I thought she looked so beautiful! And I thought the exact same thing about Sandra Bullock and hosting! I said to myself that they should get her for next year. She would do a way better job. I feel bad for Anne and James. Although, her dress changes were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of these I liked Halle Berry. But I really liked Jennifer Hudsons dress....although revelaing in the front...the rest was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete