Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

No, I am not suddenly Catholic, but I love me some Lent. I have a few friends who give something up every year for Lent, and I thought this year I would join them.

1. I have decided to give up treats. I know. Crazy, right? I'm not a candy person, but it's the baked goods that get me. Cookies, cakes, pastries . . . I live for them. This is one of my favorite bakeries: goodbye Gourmandise . . . see you in 40 days.


Also, I have decided to give up celebrity gossip, and I will admit, this has almost been harder for me than the sweets! It's become such a habit for me to check my email and check my Yahoo OMG.


Besides gaining more appreciation for the obvious: sacrifice and self-control, the goal is to work on having a healthier body image. So by taking away these two temptations, I hope that I can lose a little weight, and be happier about doing it. Wish me luck!

What would you give up for Lent?

4 comments:

  1. I would give up facebook. It can be such a time waster if I let it be. Good luck with your Lent goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Lindsay! The year I gave up sugar, I went to Gourmandise and got one of their huge cream puffs to break the fast. It was glorious! Don't be surprised if you have nightmares you have eaten a treat by accident. I have already begun to dream I have cheated and eaten chocolate.

    I totally hear you on that body image thing. After having a baby, it is hard to get back in the swing of things for me.

    If it weren't chocolate this year, I would probably give up munchies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm how come I don't know about this delicious pastry factory called "Gourmandise" especially since it would appear to be a French Pasterie. Hidden gems and it makes me appreciate our friendship even more banana. Huey on the weight loss the pictures of you and Blaine look great! And we love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. am loving this blog, Linds! I would probably try my hand at giving up dairy, or something like that. Lame, I know. It's the first time I've thought about this, so cut me some slack :)

    ReplyDelete