Saturday, April 2, 2011

Progress Report and Something Fun

Just a report on my Lent progress - this is HARD business. Obviously I miss my sweets (especially in the baked goods department), but what has surprised me the most is how hard it has been for me to give up Celebrity gossip. 24 days to go.

Now to move to something a lot more fun to talk about - something I greatly desire. Cookies! I found these lovely little cookies cutters a while ago, and since my oldest boy is obsessed with Star Wars (and lets face it, secretly, I am too), I couldn't resist.

From the Williams-Sonoma website

A sample of our cookies - pretty good eh?

They are the perfect cookie cutters. I am not joking. I wish I could explain in words how much I love them. If only I had the skills to frost them like this:


I'll keep practicing.

4 comments:

  1. I too wish I could frost a sugar cookie to make them cute. Those cutters are awesome! I really would love to take a cake decorating class once in my lifetime ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to ask you how Lent was going... I have found myself really attracted to chocolate. Other flavors don't cut it right now.

    As for the cookie cutters... LOVE EM! We saw them at William Sonoma this past Christmas and almost got them for my brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see these! I wasn't sure how well they would turn out, so I didn't buy them, but now I'm going back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I stopped by your blog, because, well, I saw that you were reading mine. Don't know you, but I must say, I love your writing style and wit.

    I, too, graduated with an obscure degree in "indecisiveness." Philosophy, education, sociology, psychology, biology, ethics, art, I love it all.

    Blessings. And get back to blogging, would ye now (Irish accent)...

    ReplyDelete